Scott Walker - Aloner - 1967 US Pressed Smash Records 12-track Stereo LP
|Title||Aloner - 1967 US Pressed Smash Records 12-track Stereo LP|
|Catalogue no||SRS 67099|
|Year of release||1967|
|Grading||VG+(+) (Vinyl and Labels/VG+ (Cover)|
|Stock list||Scott Walker|
|Additional info||Rare 1967 US Pressed Smash Records 12-track LP - the debut album by Scott Walker - a mix between the serious and sombre barogue pop singers original compositions and a selection of cover versions - amongst them three English-translated cover versions originally written byBelgian musician and songwriter Jacques Brel.|
Vinyl has the generic black printed red company labels and upper company name-logo.
Vinyl has machine stamped (ms) and hand-etched (he) matrix info:
Side 1: SR 67099-A-S1 (12 o'clock, ms) B MR (6 o'clock, he)
Side 2: SR 67099-B-S1 (12 o'clock, ms) B MR I (6 o'clock, he)
Vinyl is housed in a generic era specific album add innersleeve - ultimately in a back pasted picture cover.
Condition: VG+(+) (Vinyl and Labels/ VG+ (Cover)
Vinyl is beautifully lustrous - overall just a little sleeve inflicted lines along with a couple of inaudible surface lines in the beginning of Side 2.
Labels are nice - less than a handful spindletraces in the close vicinity to centerhile - labels are graded near mint - vinyl overall close to near mint.
Cover has a lower right front corner drill hole...slight residue from top right front price tags and a single wrinkle from back spine... nice intact seams and easily readable spine - very slightly dented/rubbed corners - a little more to lower opening corner - apart from the drill hole all in all a simply very nice cover - graded VG+.
1. Mathilde (Jacques Brel, Gérard Jouannest, Mort Shuman)
2. Montague Terrace (In Blue) (Noel Scott Engel)
3. Angelica (Cynthia Weil, Barry Mann)
4. The Lady Came From Baltimore (Tim Hardin)
5. When Joanna Loved Me (Robert Wells, Jack Segal)
6. My Death (Jacques Brel, Mort Shuman)
1. The Big Hurt (Wayne Shanklin)
2. Such A Small Love (Noel Scott Engel)
3. You're Gonna Hear From Me (André Previn, Dory Previn)
4. Through A Long And Sleepless Night (Mack Gordon, Alfred Newman)
5. Always Coming Back To You (Noel Scott Engel)
6. Amsterdam (Jacques Brel, Mort Shuman)
Scott Walker - vocals
Wally Stott, (1,2,5,7, 8), Reg Guest (3,4,6, 11), Peter Knight (9, 10) - arrangements, conductor
John Franz - Production
Peter Olliff - Engineer
John Keats, Keith Altham - Liner Notes
Sound Station© 1998 - 2014