Rockpile - Seconds Of Pleasure - Original 1980 UK F Beat label 12-track LP & 4-track 7"
|Title||Seconds Of Pleasure - Original 1980 UK F Beat label 12-track LP & 4-track 7"|
|Format||LP & 7"|
|Catalogue no||XXLP 7 / BEV 1|
|Year of release||1980|
|Grading||M- (LP Vinyl and Labels)/M- (7" Vinyl and Labels)/VG++ (7" Sleeve)/VG++ (Cover)|
|Additional info||Original 1980 US Columbia label 12-track LP & 4-track 7" EP - the debut album by British pub rock, rockabilly and power pop influenced rock'n roll quartet featuring Dave Edmunds and Nick Lowe.|
Album vinyl has black printed yellow Side 1 and petroleum blue Side 2 company labels - with large boxed crown logo above company name in the right label side - tracklisting is placed at the right side.
7" vinyl has black printed vertically tan-striped labels with top-left crown logo - next to misaligned F Beat lettering placed on pale light blue and pink squares.
Both album and 7" vinyl has A1/B1 matrix endings and George Peckham scribbling.
Album is housed in a gatefold picture cover with a front pocket for 7" EP - which is housed in a flipback picture sleeve.
Condition: M- (LP Vinyl and Labels)/M- (7" Vinyl and Labels)/VG++ (7" Sleeve)/VG++ (Cover)
Vinyl is bright and shiny and without any signs of play or handling - perfect. Album labels are mint.
Album cover has perfect front and back centers, perfect pocket for the 7". Inner spread is mint - edges perfect. Cover has a touch of seam wear but is otherwise sublime.
7" labels are mint.
7" sleeve has hardly any signs of handling - faint inevitable impression of label outline - a couple of hardly noticeable wrinkles - graded near mint.
1. Teacher Teacher (Kenny Pickett, Eddie Phillips) 2:36
2. If Sugar Was As Sweet As You (Joe Tex) 2:35
3. Heart 2:38
4. Now and Always 1:58
5. A Knife and a Fork (Kip Anderson, Isaiah Hennie, Charles Derrick) 3:18
6. Play That Fast Thing (One More Time) (Lowe) 4:13
1. Wrong Again (Let's Face It) (Chris Difford, Glenn Tilbrook) 2:23
2. Pet You and Hold You 3:13
3. Oh What a Thrill (Chuck Berry) 3:06
4. When I Write the Book 3:17
5. Fool Too Long 2:51
6. You Ain't Nothin' But Fine (Sidney Semien, Floyd Soileau) 2:54
Bonus EP: Nick Lowe & Dave Edmunds Sing The Everly Brothers:
1. Take a Message to Mary (Felice Bryant, Boudleaux Bryant) 2:28
2. Crying in the Rain (Howard Greenfield, Carole King) 2:04
1. Poor Jenny (F. Bryant, B. Bryant) 2:28
2. When Will I Be Loved (Phil Everly) 2:14
All songs written by Nick Lowe and Rockpile, unless otherwise indicated.
Recorded and mastered at Eden Studios, Chiswick, London, UK
Billy Bremner - guitar, vocals (Heart, You Ain't Nothin' But Fine)
Dave Edmunds - guitar, vocals, piano, organ
Nick Lowe - bass, vocals
Terry Williams - drums
Nick Lowe and Rockpile - Production
Rick Hall - Production [Uncredited] (A Knife and A Fork)
Aldo Bocca - engineer
George Peckha - Mastering Enigineer (7")
Barney Bubbles/Dag - Cover Painting
Keith Morris - Photography
Andrew Lauder - 7" Sleeve Notes Liner Notes
Sound Station© 1998 - 2014