Gorillaz - Demon Days - 2017 US Vinyl Me, Please Records Of The Month Series 15-track Red Vinyl 2LP Set
|Title||Demon Days - 2017 US Vinyl Me, Please Records Of The Month Series 15-track Red Vinyl 2LP Set|
|Record label||Parlophone Records/Warner Bros./Vinyl Me, Please Records Of The Month|
|Catalogue no||559329-1/Vol. 52|
|Year of release||2017|
|Grading||2xM-/M- (Vinyl and Labels/Inner Sleeves)/M- (Sticker Sheet)/VG+(+) (Print)/M- (Insert)/M- (Cover)|
|Additional info||Rare 2017 US Warner Bros. label/ Vinyl Me, Please Records Of The Month 15-track 2LP set - an audiophile club edition exclusively manufactured for and only sold through the 'Vinyl Me, Please' club as their record of the month - April 2017... and the 1st reissue of British hip hoppish-electronic indie rock combos 2nd album originally released in 2005.|
'Demoin Dayz' features guest appearances by Happy Mondays' Shaun Ryder, Roots Manuva, De La Soul, Neneh Cherry and Martina Topley-Bird - produced by Danger Mouse and featuring the single "Feel Good Inc.", "DARE", "Dirty Harry" and "El Mañana/Kids with Guns".
Vinyls are half speed remastered for optimal sound quality and subsequently manufactured as a heavyweight vinyl pressing on red, translucent vinyl - housed in stiff card picture inners and accompanied by a sheet of stickers, a 12x12 Art Print by Ariel Roman as well as a 12? square No. 52 insert featuring a Tylor Barstow text on one side and 'Demon Days + El Manana' recipe on the other - everything housed in an unusually sturdy gatefold picture cover - ultimately in a clear resealable envelope with sticker on front.
Condition: 2xM-/M- (Vinyl and Labels/Inner Sleeves)/M- (Sticker Sheet)/VG+(+) (Print)/M- (Insert)/M- (Cover):
Perfect vinyl, perfect labels, perfect inner sleeves - sticker sheet is mint - print has a slightly bend corner - insert is mint - cover and outer sticker are mint - nice.
1. Intro (Damon Albarn, Don Harper) 1:03
2. Last Living Souls 3:10
3. Kids With Guns (featuring Neneh Cherry)(Damon Albarn, Brian Burton) 3:46
4. O Green World (Damon Albarn, Brian Burton 4:32
5. Dirty Harry (featuring Bootie Brown and San Fernando Valley Youth Chorus) (Damon Albarn, Brian Burton, Romye Robinson) 3:44
6. Feel Good Inc. (featuring De La Soul) (Damon Albarn, Brian Burton, David Jolicoeur) 3:41
7. El Mañana 3:50
8. Every Planet We Reach Is Dead (featuring Ike Turner) 4:53
9. November Has Come (featuring DOOM)(Damon Albarn, Brian Burton, Daniel Dumile) 2:41
10. All Alone (featuring Roots Manuva & Martina Topley-Bird) (Damon Albarn, Brian Burton, Rodney Smith, Martina Topley-Bird) 3:30
11. White Light 2:08
12. DARE (featuring Shaun Ryder & Rosie Wilson) (Damon Albarn, Brian Burton, Shaun Ryder) 4:04
13. Fire Coming Out Of The Monkey's Head (featuring Dennis Hopper) 3:16
14. Don't Get Lost In Heaven (featuring the London Community Gospel Choir) 2:00
15. Demon Days (featuring the London Community Gospel Choir) 4:29
All songs written and composed by Damon Albarn unless otherwise noted
Recorded at Kong Studios, Essex, UK, and at Studio 13, London.
Choir for 'Don't Get Lost In Heaven' and 'Demon Dayz' are recorded at St Stephen's Church, Canonbury.
Mixed at Pierce Rooms, Hammersmith, London,
Remastered at Alchemy Mastering, London
Pressed by GZ Media, Lodenice, Czech Republic
Damon Albarn - lead vocals, keyboards, acoustic guitar, synthesizers, melodica
Jamie Hewlett - illustration, visuals, FX
James Dring, Dangermouse - Programming
Roots Manuva, Shaun Ryder, Martina Topley-Bird, Rosie Wilson, Bootie Brown, Neneh Cherry, MF Doom, De La Soul, Dennis Hopper - vocals
London Community Gospel Choir - vocals on 'Demon Days' and 'Don't Get Lost in Heaven'
Simon Tong - guitar
Ike Turner - piano on 'Every Planet We Reach is Dead'
Amanda Drummond, Stella Page - Viola
Prabjote Osahn, Sally Jackson - Violin
Isabelle Dunn - cello
Danger Mouse, Gorillaz - Production, Mix
Jason Cox ? engineer, additional production, mix
James Dring ? additional production
Will Street - Assistant Recording Engineer
Steve Sedgwick - Assistant Mix
Barry Grint/BAZZA - Lacquer Cutting
Howie Weinberg - Mastering
Jason C. Hewlett, Zombie Flesh Eaters - Artwork, design