System Of A Down - Toxicity - Original 2001 US American label 14-track LP
|Artist||System Of A Down|
|Title||Toxicity - Original 2001 US American label 14-track LP|
|Record label||American Recordings|
|Catalogue no||C 62240|
|Year of release||2001|
|Grading||VG++ (Vinyl and Labels)/VG+(+) (Inner Sleeve)/VG+ (Cover)|
|Stock list||System Of A Down|
|Additional info||Rare original 2001 US American label 14-track LP - the 2nd album by complex and trashy, vital and progressive Glendale, California, based alt-metallists - featuring the singles 'Chop Suey!', 'Toxicity' and 'Aerials'|
Keith Harris of Rolling Stone labelled 'Toxicity' "both manic and schizoid", Tom Sinclair of Entertainment Weekly called the album "strange and engaging", with a wide variety of sounds which "all adds up to bizarro type of metal that has a warped majesty and strength".
Vinyl has black and silver company labels with top curved stars and 'american' text as well as top label 'flag' logo - and handwritten and drawn - labels have mid arrows pointing towards label rim.
Vinyl is housed in an illustrated lyric inner sleeve - ultimately in a picture cover.
Condition: VG++ (Vinyl and Labels)/VG+(+) (Inner Sleeve)/VG+ (Cover):
Vinyl is bright and shiny - has been used directly from the paper inner sleeve and has subsequently a very light degree of sleeve inflicted scuffs or lines - perfect labels. Vinyl is overall graded close to mint.
Inner sleeve has inevitable vinyl outline and a bend corner - otherwise extremely nice - graded close to near mint/excellent.
Cover is nice - hardly any signs of handling or storage except for an upper spine corner dent and a very slight spine pressure point - way outside the text area.
Cover has a touch of lower seam and opening rubbing - graded at least upper VG+ - a simply very nice copy - hard to find in any condition - very difficult to dig up this nice.
1. Prison Song (Daron Malakian) 3:21
2. Needles (Daron Malakian - Daron Malakian) 3:13
3. Deer Dance (Serj Tankian, Doran Malakian - Daron Malakian) 2:55
4. Jet Pilot(Serj Tankian - Shavo Odadjian, Daron Malakian) 2:06
5. X (Serj Tankian - Daron Malakian) 1:58
6. Chop Suey! (Serj Tankian, Daron Malakian - Daron Malakian) 3:30
7. Bounce (Serj Tankian - Daron Malakian, Shavo Odadjian) 1:54
8. Forest (Serj Tankian - Daron Malakian) 4:00
9. Atwa (Air, Trees, Water, Animals) (Serj Tankian, Daron Malakian - Daron Malakian) 2:56
10. Science (featuring Arto Tunçboyacýyan) (Serj Tankian - Daron Malakian) 2:43
11. Shimmy (Serj Tankian - Serj Tankian) 1:51
12. Toxicity(Serj Tankian - Daron Malakian, Shavo Odadjian) 3:39
13. Psycho (Serj Tankian, Daron Malakian - Daron Malakian) 3:45
14. Aerials (Serj Tankian, Daron Malakian - Daron Malakian) 6:11
Recorded February - July 2001 at Cello Studios, Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Mixed at Enterprise Studios, Burbank, California.
Mastered at Oasis Mastering, Burbank, California, CA
System of a Down
Serj Tankian - lead vocals, keyboards, guitars, string arrangements
Daron Malakian - guitars, sitar, vocals
Shavo Odadjian - bass, backing vocals
John Dolmayan - drums
Rick Rubin - piano
Arto Tunçboyacýyan - backing vocals
Kirk Hammett - guitar on "Aerials"
Marc Mann - string arrangements, conducting
Rick Rubin, Daron Malakian - production
Serj Tankian - co-producer
Andy Wallace - mixing
David Schiffman, Greg Collins, Darren Mora - engineer
Darrn Mora, Al Sanderson, Ryan McCormick, Jim Champagne - assistant engineer
Rich Balmer - mixdown engineer
Eddy Schreyer - mastering
Martyn Atkins - photography (studio)
Glen E. Friedman - photography (back cover, water)
John Dolmayan, Hallie Sirota - photography
Mark Wakefield - cover art
Shavo Odadjian - art direction, album art concepts
Brandy Flower - art direction, collage art
System of a Down - album art concepts
John Dolmayan - collage art
Shavo Odadjian - co-label art
Dino Paredes - A&R direction
Lindsay Chase - production coordinator
Sound Station© 1998 - 2014