Joan Baez - Blessed Are... - Mid-1970ies US Vanguard label 20-track LP Incl 7" Bonus Single
|Title||Blessed Are... - Mid-1970ies US Vanguard label 20-track LP Incl 7" Bonus Single|
|Genre||Folk & Rock & Country|
|Record label||Vanguard Records|
|Year of release||197?|
|Grading||3xVG++ (LP & 7" Vinyl and Labels)/VG+(+) (Cover)|
|Stock list||Joan Baez|
|Additional info||Mid-1970ies US Vanguard label 2nd issue 20-track LP - Joan Baez last album on Vanguard originally released in 1971. |
This copy comprises the 2-track 33 1/3 rpm 7" single including the songs "Maria Dolores" and Woody Guthrie's "Deportee", which was dedicated to the farmers of the world.
Vinyl has the generic marbled 'swirl' labels with darker/brownish label perimeter with large fonted and capital lettered company name along top label rim and small black ´horseman logos at mid-sides.
7" Single has the generic gold company labels with black printing and company name along upper rim - just above horseman logo.
Album vinyls are held in era specific company add inner sleeves, 7" in a plain white die cut sleeve - everything housed in a sturdy gatefold picture cover stressing that the album includes a bonus 7" single on back cover.
Condition: 2xVG++ (LP Vinyl and Labels)/VG++ (7" Vinyl and Labels)/VG+ (Cover):
All vinyls are extremely close to perfect with almost no signs of play or handling. Both album and 7" labels are mint.
Outer cover has only marginal signs of storage - a little cover, edge and corners rubbing - and are graded straight close to near mint/excellent.
Inner spread has light brownish age stains and a couple of point of black print discolouration from the production process - previous owner has probably tried to remove it rubbing the surface - only affecting print to a marginal degree - a couple of whiter areas though - inner spread is overall VG+.
1. Blessed Are... - 3:03
2. The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down (Robbie Robertson) - 3:22
3. The Salt Of The Earth (Mick Jagger, Keith Richards) - 3:22
4. Three Horses - 7:03
5. The Brand New Tennessee Waltz (Jesse Winchester) - 3:07
1. Last, Lonely And Wretched - 3:42
2. Lincoln Freed Me Today (The Slave) (D. Patton) - 3:21
3. Outside The Nashville City Limits - 3:20
4. San Francisco Mabel Joy (Mickey Newbury) - 4:23
5. When Time Is Stolen - 2:58
1. Heaven Help Us All (Roger Miller) - 3:32
2. Angeline (Mickey Newbury) - 3:37
3. Help Me Make It Through the Night (Kris Kristofferson) - 2:58
4. Let It Be (John Lennon, Paul McCartney) - 3:48
5. Put Your Hand In The Hand (Gene MacLellan) - 3:20
1. Gabriel And Me - 3:27
2. Milanese Waltz/Marie Flore - 5:55
3. The Hitchhikers' Song - 4:19
4. The 33rd Of August (Mickey Newbury) - 3:42
5. Fifteen Months - 4:30
Bonus 7" Single:
1. Maria Dolores (F. Garcia, J. Morillo) - 3:25
1 . Deportee (Plane Wreck At Los Gatos) (Woody Guthrie, Martin Hoffman) (track on bonus 7) - 5:15
Joan Baez - Guitar, Vocals
Norman Blake - Dobro, Guitar
David Briggs - Keyboards
Kenneth A. Buttrey - Drums
The Holladay - Singers
Ed Logan - Tenor saxophone
Charlie McCoy - Harmonica
Norbert Putnam - Bass
Buddy Spicher - Violin
Pete Wade - Guitar
Jack Lothrop - Production
Norbert Putnam - Arranger, Producer
Gene Eichelberger - Engineer
Jobriath - Design
Dave Harris - Artwork
Jim Marshall - Photography
Recorded at the Quadrafonic Sound Studios Nashville, Tennessee, USA 1971
Sound Station© 1998 - 2014